“My body changes, but not my spirit – I am still me!”
The key to our work is to Support the WHOLE PERSON and their loved ones not just their medical condition…
We can help you by providing:
• Telephone support.
• A visit to your home.
• Time to talk.
• Social activities through our ‘Moments’ sessions: Sporting Moments, Memory Moments Cafés, Green Moments and Musical Moments.
• Opportunities to meet others in the same position as you.
• Advice on finance and care provision.
• Training on how to cope with the diagnosis.
• Help to set up a dementia friendly community.
1. Over 800,000 people in the UK have been diagnosed with a dementia.
2. An estimated 700,000 families and friends are affected.
3. Young people can have a dementia too.
4. People in the UK are living longer.
5. 1 in 3 people over the age of 65 are likely to develop a dementia.
Have you noticed any changes lately?
• Repeating sentences.
• Loss of memory.
• Mood swings.
• Decreased levels of activity.
• Lessening of interaction.
• Communication problems.
Know Dementia, a local charity, is run by volunteers comprising family carers and qualified professionals who live and work with people with a dementia.
Why do we do this?
We know, as family carers, what it feels like when it is confirmed that someone has a dementia in the family.
We believe that you want to know:
• What help is available.
• How it may affect your finances now and in the future.
• How you cope as things progress.
• How you live with the condition.
• Who you can talk to.
Our Purpose is to provide you with the advice and support you need, having received a diagnosis of a dementia.